Nooooooooooo don't remove SATA port or anything else, it's the main reason to buy a witi!!!! Everyone wants the router to be able to use the router as a NAS/Mediaserver to store files and SATA is the way to go! Witi2 should have the same features plus:
- 1/2 Gb of ram
- Better position of led lights (near to ethernet ports)
- Add 1 usb 3.0 ports (the soc supports it, it can be stacked vertically if space is an issue)
- Add hdmi and audio output or speaker.
- Improve SATA controller speed (60mb/s is not enough) or upgrade it.
Most important better software support because standard firmware is very basic and does not exploit the full potential (I think this is the main limitation). In particular:
- Stas2z firmware is one of the best I have ever seen, hire sta2z as external consultant, because his work is commendable. A full set of updated packages should be also provided.
- Nice to have: better support for Soc features like cryptoengine (it can decode and encode also ssl streams, thus it could speedup other kinds of vpn not only ipsec, in any case the driver is now tightly associated to ipsec hence it is not possible to share cryptoengine among different programs, I understand that however this is mainly a limitation of the provided Mediatek SDK) and Samba HW storage acceleration.